Wednesday 7 May 2014

Foraged mini feast!

Its been a very long while since I have posted on my blog! I really ought to catch up on my blogging!

Anyways I am part of this awesome wild foraging group in Toronto called Wild Foragers Society the group meets the first Monday of every month and frolics around looking for, and learning about wild edibles!
I collected some Garlic Mustard (a invasive species that covers forest floors but also is a tasty edible) to make pesto! This is very young garlic mustard, it looks a bit more like this now. 
And also some Stinging Nettle ! 
and together I made Garlic Mustard Pesto: 
+
Walnuts and some parmesan cheese (also some olive oil, salt, pepper and a few basil leaves) 

Then I got together some basil, stinging nettle (fewf, I remembred to use gloves as to avoid being stung, don't worry when you cook the leaves the stinging part goes away) bocchini cheese and tomatoes! I slathered a ton of yummy pesto on my bread 
and Voila ! 
Also just for fun I threw on the mustard-green sprouts I grew with some leftover seeds from last year (most of the seeds didn't germinate so these were all the sprouts I got)
So so yummy! Next time I am adding more Stining Nettle, and maybe I will try to add some mint into my pesto, I think that might be yummy! 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment